Tuesday 31 December 2013

A Merry Italian Christmas...

We were all so excited to have our Christmas Holidays in Italy...


We left Ireland on 18th December and flew down Italy to stay with my family for 2 weeks... so cool!


This was Shannon's first time in Italy. She met all my aunties and uncles and my beloved cousins. It was so great to see all of them.
 

We had dinner with my dad's side of the family on 23th December. We had lots of fun. We had pizza together (... my favourite!) and we played bingo afterwards... and WE WON!!!
 

On St. Stephen's Day, my name's day, we had lunch at my uncle and aunties' restaurant, with my mum's side of the family. Again, we had lots of fun and lots of beautiful tasty food...
 

We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day at mum's. This is the first Christmas we spent at home since Dad passed away. Last Christmas, my mum and sisters and Gianfranco ;) , my sister's fiancé, were over in Dublin.
 
 
 
 
We had LOTS of food on both days... mum cooked non stop for more than 24hrs!!! My mum is an Amazing cook! I cannot count how many courses we had... I just know that we were all stuffed!
 
Traditionally, we have fish courses on Christmas Eve, and meat courses on Christmas Day. Of course we had lots of veggies, too. Chiara, my sister, she is a vegetarian.
 
 


The weather has been quite mild. We had a few sunny days. We took advantage of it and had a lovely family walk...
 
The most significant event, though, was Shannon's Christening on 30th December. My mum and my sister Francesca were/are Shannon's Godmothers. We had a lovely ceremony at my local Church and then we went to my cousin's bar to party!

 
 
 

 
 


We had an awsome time together... it was so great to have family around and spend time with all of them. The thing I miss the most in Ireland is my FAMILY. We are all very close and not been able to share our everydays together, it's such a pity... 
 
Well, I guess this is my last post for 2013... I wish all of you a Wonderful 2014. I hope it will bring all of us many Happy and Serene moments...
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment