Tuesday 22 October 2013

The Birthday Boy

Sam turned 3 last Sunday...


I cannot believe he is already so big. Time flies too fast!
Awwww...

To celebrate his birthday, Sam had 2 parties, one in school with all his mates, and one at home with our Irish-Italian friends. So, mamma was very busy in the last few days cooking and baking for his parties.

I asked Sam what cake would he like for his school party. He said:" ... a Spiderman cake, mamma! ... and an airplane cake... and a chocolate cake..."... he couldn't make his mind up... so, I went for a Spiderman cake...


... and he loved it. When he saw it, he said :"Wow mamma!"...and my heart burst with love! It took me a whole afternoon to make his cake. 
Shannon wasn't feel very good and she wanted to be hold all the time. It was 11pm when I finished to decorate the cake, and I felt really proud of my self...

Saturday night was a real tour de force. I went to bed very late, or should I say "very early"... it was 4am, when eventually I made to bed. I had to wait until Shannon was fast asleep to start baking. I made over 20 cupcakes and Spiderman-inspired cake...




... I also cooked my tabbouleh and did some clean and tidy up around the house. The radio was on and kept me company, and to be honest, I quite enjoyed spending time on my own.

Sam opened his present and card in the morning. He was so excited...





In the afternoon our friends arrived.



We all had a great time, especially the kids. They are all the same age, and it's great to see them growing up together...



No comments:

Post a Comment